Wednesday, March 14, 2007

pantyhose postscript

Does anyone know why certain airlines put pantyhose destruction booby traps on their seats?

Bad enough that the man next to me was hogging the armrest and infringing at least two inches into my personal space, but when I shift my left leg back a bit I'm suddenly struggling in the grips of a strip of super-velcro that's seized my calf and wont let go! I can either try to release the tiny hooks one by one without further damaging the pantyhose, or do one great rip (sort of like tearing off a bandaid) and resign myself to an enormous hole on my left leg. I settle for middle ground and end up with no holes or runs, but a sort of fuzzy/liney effect on my calf.

Grrrr...

The rest of the flight went well.

Until the armrest hog next to me began to snore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was he wearing high-heeled boots and listening to the monkees?

Megan said...

Didn't check the boots. Honestly, was a bit put off by the size of the thighs. And he was too busy snoring to listen to the fine tones of "Daydream Believer."