Monday, March 05, 2007

Constructed Criticism

At the coffee shop:

Earnest Girl 1: It's just irresponsible to keep talking about it. Everyone should, like, shut up about her.

Earnest Girl 2: I know. How many times do we have to hear about her now? It's not like she did anything important.

Earnest Girl 1: Exactly. Like, she didn't, like, cure anything or anything. She didn't, like, speak for peace or have a cause or anything.

Earnest Girl 2: Yah. I mean, she like, had really big boobs.

Earnest Girl 1: Yeah. And they weren't even real, you know? So, she's like famous for something that was all fake.

Earnest Girl 2: For real?

Earnest Girl 1: What, you thought those were real?

Earnest Girl 2: No, I like, no...

Earnest Girl 1: Serious. Like, look, I'll google it, they're so fake!

Earnest Girl 2: Oh my god! Look at those!

*** several minutes of expository dialogue complete with Googled illustrations on: silicon vs saline, how many sizes up is too many, incision sites and scarring, tasteful vs non tasteful enlargements (DD appears to be the deciding line) and whether art in nudity should or should not depend on the natural state of the accessories in question, all directly relating back to the individual under discussion***

Earnest Girl 1: And they still, like talk about her all the time. I mean, give it a rest.

Earnest Girl 2: I know. I'm so over it. I don't know why they don't just, like let it go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britney or Anna? Enquiring minds want to know.

Megan said...

Anna. If Britney, I'd probably know a lot more about head-shaving and wig options!