Saturday, May 20, 2006

Notice

To: World Media

BCC: Pessimistic acquaintances

I regret to inform you that you are seriously over your Panic limit. (cf Chicken [little, one each] re: skies, falling; boy, wolf calling of) As a result I will be unable to work up sufficient concern over Asian bird flu, and might not be available for the next four major insufficiently vital crisis that emerge.

Please note the Guilt account is also severely overdrawn and it's quite possible I will no longer be able to feel personal responsibility for such items out of my direct control as the depletion of the world's coral, and the population numbers of British butterflies.

Sincerely yours, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEAR, HEAR!!! I wish all these so-called news people would quit trying to save the world and just report what is really gong on, or simply shut up.