Saturday, April 07, 2007

Timing It

Why doesn't the world stand still? It should, I honestly believe it should. In fact, I believe it so deeply that I sort of assume it does stand still when I do something rash like go out of town or something* and so I'm always shocked at the emails and other little things that pile up while I'm away. So... yeah, I'm honestly getting back to you, I promise!

I know, what about just having the electronic world stand still, at least when I'm not able to easily access all those vital little internetty things?

*And as a totally unrelated side-note, the concept of time-zones? Very bad. I would like to have a private, brass-knuckle related moment with the time-zone genius. Sure, my way means that the lucky bastards on the coasts would have to cope with slightly bizarre sunrises and sunsets, but the positive thing (and I don't think this can be overstated) is that I would not be sitting here having gotten up at 5 a.m. (which is really 3 a.m. here, only it was there then if you know what I mean) completely exhausted but not able to go to sleep. I think I blame Ben Franklin. But that's just because I had a history prof who trained me to blame Ben Franklin for everything. I'll be fine. Just don't wake me up before 9... or is that 7? Maybe 11...

No comments: