Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rolling Stone article - thoughts Part 3

So... basically I was expecting the article to mention Kirk, but focus on Ryan. I did not expect anything new; I did not expect what was written.

I'm not going deeply into the details, but basically the problem is that for three years I had been trying to accept that I would never know what really happened, that I would never know whether Kirk was really alive or dead. After the CID briefing, there were still many things that I did not know, but some at least that I did; including why Kirk died.

The article didn't exactly shatter that idea, but it cast things that had been black and white into shades of grey again.

Now, I suppose I have once more accepted that at the moment anyway, and probably forever, I don't really know. I don't know who was involved, I don't know who was to blame. I'm not sure how I feel about that. At the moment - mostly numb.

There is a great deal that doesn't make sense, but as always there is very little I can do about it. What we do is collect as much information as we can, try to relate it with what we know about Kirk and then...

... wait.

Maybe someday we will know more.

No comments: