Monday, November 27, 2006

The Value of Education

While travelling to the Superior Aunt and Uncle's for Superior Turkey, I overheard a security guard administering a sobriety test:

Guard: Okay sir, why don't you recite the alphabet from D to T for me.

Man: Okay... um... EFGRLMN... wait, starting where?

Guard: D. D to T

Man: Right... D... EF... RSPQ... See, you're making me really tense here, I'm really nervous which is why I'm having trouble sir!

Guard: I understand, that's okay. Tell you what, why don't you count backwards for me, from thirty?

Man: Yes sir, no problem! 30, 29, 28, 27, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26....

Guard: I get a little mixed up in the twenties too, don't worry about it. Let's see, can you tell me what time it is without consulting a clock?

Man: Six? No, wait! Eight!!

Guard: Well, we've established that you don't know your alphabet, you can't count, and you have no idea what time it is. Can you tell me how much education you have?

Man: A lot! I have a college degree sir.

Guard: What in?

Man: Business.

Guard: Ah. Well, that explains it then!

And he let him on the plane.

No comments: